Opening day of dove season is one of the most anticipated and popular hunting days of the year for many Mississippians. Dove season brings some of the first hunting opportunities of the fall as the long and hot Mississippi summer comes to a close. In the southeast, dove hunting has a long tradition of being a very social event and is a time for fellowship with friends and family outdoors. The opening day of dove season is a day not to be missed for many Mississippi hunters. Wing shooters around the state should take a moment to check out the variety of public dove hunting opportunities provided by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks. Information on these opportunities can be found using the links below.
2021 - 2022 Dove Hunting Season Dates:
- North Zone: Areas north of U.S. Hwy. 84 plus areas south of U.S. Hwy. 84 and west of MS Hwy. 35.
- Sept. 4 - Oct. 17, 2021
- Oct. 30 - Nov. 28, 2021
- Dec. 25, 2021 - Jan. 9, 2022
- South Zone: Areas south of U.S. Hwy. 84 and east of MS Hwy. 35.
- Sept. 4 - Sept. 19, 2021
- Oct. 9 - Nov. 7, 2021
- Dec. 19, 2021 - Jan. 31, 2022
Youth Dove Hunts on WMAs:
Special youth dove hunting opportunities will be offered on the WMAs linked below.
Dove Hunting and Management Information:
- Dove Field Preparation and Hunting Regulations
- Dove Management for Landowners (MSU Extension Publication)
- Dove Biology (NRCS Publication)
- Dove Population Status